top of page

Licensing &


License Bureau Contact:

Licensing Coordinator Rob Hanlon 

(908) 722-4111 ext. 4026

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday
8:30 am – 3:30 pm

11:30 am- 6:30 pm


Township residents needing fingerprinting for adoption, financial matters, immigration, naturalization, employment checks, visas, person records, and good conduct should contact IdentoGO by calling (877) 503-5981.


Firearms Registration and Application System (FARS):

Step 1: Log on to

Step 2: The Bridgewater Police Department's ORI # - NJ0180600

Step 3: Complete the online application. You may complete the application using a smartphone, mobile device, laptop or desktop computer. When completing the application you will need the email addresses of two (2) reputable references. Your references can be family members.

Step 4: You must appear at your police department to pay for your initial Firearms Identification Card (FID Card) and/or Pistol Purchase Permits. Your application will not be processed until you have paid for the FID Card/Pistol Permits. Non-refundable payment is required to be made prior to the completion of the background as per NJSC 13:54.1.4.

You will be receiving automated email updates throughout this new process.

Once your application is complete, a station representative will contact you to retrieve your FID card and/or Pistol Purchase Permit documents.

* Please advise your references that the FARS system will email them the reference questions to be answered. Your references can complete the questions using a smartphone, mobile device, laptop or desktop computer. Please advise them to complete the questions immediately to progress your background application. 

The online application is applicant driven. Please ensure that you have entered the best phone numbers for yourself and references as well the best email addresses for you and your references.

Applying for a Permit to Carry a Handgun

The following instructions are the same for the initial and renewal application.

You MUST apply in person

Out of State Residents – apply at a non-toll road State Police Barracks closest to your residence.





Peddler/Solicitor Permits

All persons wishing to solicit within the Township of Bridgewater must apply by filling out an application. Applying for a Peddler/Solicitor Permit does not make you eligible to solicit. You must have a permit in your possession. Either stop in at the Records Bureau window or download the application.




bottom of page